August update

Only the one finish of mine in August.  However, I've done lots of sewing for Days for Girls, so am happy with my progress on my own work.   I finished off five small baby quilts others made, quilting and binding them.  We intend to give these baby quilts to new mothers who give birth at the small hospital in the region in the Philippines that we're assisting.  It is a good way of using up the scrap fabrics that accumulate when we're making the menstrual health kits.  

Five small quilts ready for gifting.  
(Apologies for my poor attempt at an arty photo.)

I've also sewn a large number of the drawstring bags that are used to hold all the kit components.  Our group has committed to providing a certain number of kits so we're all working hard on getting them done.  So I've done all the sewing (other than overlocking) on about sixty bags in the last few weeks.  

And I completed the top for Samaira's quilt. It is ready for the quilting pile now.  



Not sure that I will get the quilting done in September.  Too much else is happening.   I'll be away for three weeks from the end of the month, so October might be relatively quiet as well, for quilt finishes.

August 2024 fabric tally

Finishes in the month:   Kaye's wallhanging -  approx. 1.5m fabric

Purchases in the month:     our local patchwork shop has a clearance sale on (the business is for sale but apparently no buyers on the horizon), so I picked up 7m at half price, mainly to use for backings or bindings.

Fabric used:  - 1.5 m         Fabric acquired:  + 7  m

Running tally:  + 39.25 m



No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrap Happy Day September 2024

Each month, we are reminded by Kate or Gun to post about our use of scraps in the last few weeks.  There's no obligation to post but it ...