Am I still feeling virtuous this month? Wait and see. π
We head away on holidays towards the end of August so I've been trying to clear things in the sewing room.
Days for Girls has lots of leftover smaller and narrower pieces of flannel fabric from the menstrual health kits we make. With a pile of these fabrics, I made eight baby quilts a few months ago and finished eight more tops this month. I spent some time sandwiching them and rolled them all around a pool noodle, one on top of the next. Hopefully I will get them all quilted before I go away.
With small offcuts of cotton fabric from Days for Girls, I made a couple of 10" x 15" placemats for their trading table. I used 1/3 metre of my fabric for backing and binding.
While I was busy sandwiching quilts, I also sandwiched the strip quilt started earlier this year. When it will be quilted, I have no idea.
A lot of my sewing time this month has been for Days for Girls. A pile of shields was finished, as well as snaps added on another large pile of them. And 42 drawstring bags was finished. The fabric is overlocked by someone else and then I had to mark sewing lines, sew side seams, and create the channels for the drawstrings. It all takes time so not a lot of sewing for me has been done recently.
Now off to take up the hems of some trousers for my next door neighbour - three pairs! They look out for our place when we go away, so it is the least I can do for them.
July 2026 fabric tally
Fabric used: - 0.35 m Fabric acquired: + 0 m
Running tally for 2026: - 20.35 m
No comments:
Post a Comment