Yippee, one quilt finished!

In my last blog post, I listed a few things I wanted to do last week. I have done only one of them! But it is the best one.  😀

                   

Azalea's quilt is finished and ready to deliver to her. The quilting was completed earlier last week.  Each block/patch was quilted 1/4” from the seam and the name block has been meandered - or whatever you call it.  I did start quilting pebbles in the name block but reason prevailed as it would have taken me too long for such a relatively large area.  I also quilted in the ditch along the striped sashing strips, just to anchor the quilt.  I tried something new (for me) in the border and think it is ok. Not perfect though. I finished attaching the binding last night. (Apologies for the bad photo - outside in the sun, pegged to the line sideways because I couldn't work out how to photograph it vertically.  The handy helper says it is too big for him to hold it up.)

I'm ready to print the labels on fabric but my printer is playing up.  I will hand sew them to the back of the quilt, once I've found a better printer than mine.  I'll show you the labels in my next blog post.  As you can see, the back of the quilt is pieced, using up a few of my cat fabrics.  


I’m really looking forward to giving the quilt to Azalea and playing I Spy with her. 

Finished size: 64” x 96”  Started September 2020.  Completed November 2020.  

And I was proud of myself as I trimmed the leftover backing fabrics from Azalea’s quilt were cut and placed into the 2 1/2” strip box or the “narrower strips” box.  And the trimmed batting went straight into some of the QAYG blocks.  So it is all tidied up.  Doesn't always happen that way!  

I also spent time making some more quilt-as-you-go blocks from my box of strips.  Six more done.  They do look nice when all the fabrics are from one colour family.



And I started cutting fabrics for a new quilt.  Like I need a new WIP!  But I couldn't help myself.  It is intended as a baby quilt but not sure yet.  We will see.  Here are the completed 21 blocks - 8"square.  Inspired by something I saw on Pinterest.  I'm debating on whether to join the blocks directly to each other (as I saw on Pinterest), or do I add some narrow sashing (dark grey?) and (coloured?) cornerstones?  and then a border of some sort?  

           


So the goals for the next week or so are to print and attach the labels to Azalea's quilt, make a bag for our car quilt, sandwich and baste a finished top ready to quilt, finish off the sawtooth stars quilt, think about sewing Christmas gifts................ so many different possibilities!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn is sewing weather

  We're off to the USA to visit our son very soon and I've made him a quilt - of course.  How else can I show my love?!  💓💓💓   La...