Why do I start new projects?

Why do I start new projects?  I know that I'm on a sewing roll at the moment, with not much paid work or volunteer commitments happening.  And having this blog to fill has inspired me to do more sewing.  However, I could easily pick up some of my UFOs and turn them into finished items, rather than adding to the UFO pile.  But I haven't done that, have I?

Anyway, one finish this week was the labels for Azalea's quilt.  There are photos of the two sets of grandparents on the quilt, so our names are also on the "Can you find...?" list for her.  There's also a label with a message for her from her grandmother (not shown.)



I (started and) finished one quilt top this week, using a picture I'd found on Pinterest and a jelly roll, intending to make a baby quilt.  The jelly roll was not the best choice for this particular pattern, as all the fabrics are relatively busy and there is nowhere for the eyes to rest when looking around the quilt.  However, I don't think a baby will mind that.  So it should be easy to sandwich, quilt and bind sometime soon, ready for a gift.  (I still need to trim the edges.)



A need for a gift for a friend has prompted me to start another top!  A couple of different layer cakes of William Morris fabrics and a simple pattern is coming together as a quick quilt, which I know my friend will appreciate.  She has the same love of his designs as I do.  

        

When we shared an office, I had a piece of William Morris's lily minor fabric stapled over a frame and we often commented to each other on how much we loved it.  I have had the Morris fabrics earmarked for her quilt, for quite some time.  




I also made a bag for the car quilt - no photo of that as it is already in use - so that's one of my planned tasks done for this week.  And I've finished the labels for the granddaughter's quilt, so that's tick two.  Nothing else got a tick, but I haven't been idle, so am not worried.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn is sewing weather

  We're off to the USA to visit our son very soon and I've made him a quilt - of course.  How else can I show my love?!  💓💓💓   La...