Plodding along

One finish but not an exciting one. An older friend was packing up her house and gifted a few crafty things to me. Among them was a pile of crocheted blocks, some joined up into sections. I have finished sewing them all together and will donate it somewhere when I'm able to. The main thing is that its now complete and (almost) out of my way.

What it probably needs is an edging crocheted on but that's beyond my limited crocheting capabilities. Never mind.

I finished a name block for the I Spy quilt, and printed some photos onto fabric for inclusion in the blocks.  And have started piecing blocks.  



A friend collects fabric selvedges, which she makes into great quilts, place mats and coasters.  I'm happy to send all mine to her in Brisbane because I know they're not going to waste.  Some of the selvedges are really pretty.  



I decided to hand quilt the bright quilt, with perle cotton in big stitches.  It will likely take a while to do, but I'm not stressing about the quilting.  Just choosing lots of different colours and meandering along with them. 


And just for something funny - I read about this some time during the pandemic, and finally tried it myself.  A mask made from a sock!  Easy to do and probably better than nothing, if you're stuck.  Mine is from an old sport sock I had lying around (always wondered where its mate disappeared to.)  It isn't a good look, is it? 😂





1 comment:

Autumn is sewing weather

  We're off to the USA to visit our son very soon and I've made him a quilt - of course.  How else can I show my love?!  💓💓💓   La...