August 2024 Scrap Happy update

Another Scrap Happy Day update showcasing work done with scraps.  

Not too much scrap patchwork sewing done these last two months, but I am in the middle of making small hand towels for kitchen and laundry, using old towels and fabric scraps.  

A bit dark, this photo was taken at night.  


I've cut the old towels into smaller pieces and edged them with bias binding made from an op shop sheet.   I'll use another op shop sheet to make the part that attaches to door handles.  Buttons to close the handles will come from my large button collection.  (I can never resist the allure of a button box!)  The blue one is one of the older ones I've made.  They need replacing regularly as the towel wears out.  The blue/yellow top of this towel would be about 20 years old, made from scraps of the curtains we had made for our familyroom in the mid/late 1990s.  Those towel tops are all wearing out, not as fast as the towelling parts though.  I keep on replacing those.


The bloggers below are all ScrapHappy Day participants, maybe not every month, but their blogs are worth looking at.  Hopefully I will be using my scraps up and can post at least one block done in a month.  We will see how I go.  


KateGun, EvaSue, Lynda,
Birthe, Turid, Tracy, Jan
Moira, SandraChrisAlys,
ClaireJeanDawnGwen,
Sunny, Kjerstin, Sue LVera, 
 Ann, Dawn 2, Carol, Preeti,
NóilinVivKarrin,  Alissa,
Lynn, TierneyHannah and Maggie


2 comments:

  1. Great way to use old towels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hate throwing the towels out unless they’re completely past it. And it is so handy to have these towels around the house.

      Delete

Scrap Happy Day September 2024

Each month, we are reminded by Kate or Gun to post about our use of scraps in the last few weeks.  There's no obligation to post but it ...