I am still sewing!

I am still sewing but I have nothing to show yet, so decided to show you some embroideries I purchased in Croatia, which are quite lovely.  The woman I bought them from said her sister and her family make them.


A larger table mat, a small one and a cute bookmark.  (Not a great photo, sorry.)


Here's the lady at her stall on the city walls in Dubrovnik.  We had a lovely chat and I wished I had asked her name.  It was nice and shady early in the day, but would have been a real hot spot in the afternoons. 

November 2023 fabric tally

Finishes since March:  two shirts made in April = 4m; gardening apron for granddaughter = 1/2m,  I posted about these earlier in the year. 

Purchases between March and November:     = 12 m.  I had some spare time in the large town near us, and just happened to walk by the fabric shop, where I bought some metres on special as well as a couple of new to me cat fabrics - never can resist them.  And, after seeing a quilt on someone else's blog, decided that I would make a USA themed quilt for an overseas relative.  Of course I had to purchase the fabric from a US fabric store.  It arrived within a week!  When I make the quilt, remains to be seen.  

Fabric used:  - 4.5 m         Fabric acquired:  + 12 m

2023 running tally:          + 3.75m





No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn is sewing weather

  We're off to the USA to visit our son very soon and I've made him a quilt - of course.  How else can I show my love?!  💓💓💓   La...