Mindless sewing to get back into it

Once the sewing room was cleaned up and the urgent mending out of the way, I did some mindless piecing, to get my hand and eye back in.  In my collection of scraps are many pieces I've cut into specific sizes.   
Here's the little box of  1/2" x 2 1/2" pieces.  I've sorted them into colours and am making small crumb blocks with them, each block with 18 pieces, finishing at 6"

I also have a small box of 1" pieces (what was I thinking?!!)
I've also sorted these into colours and have made 2" finished blocks from them, 16 pieces of fabric in each one.  Despite the large number of 1" pieces, any quilt made from them will be small.  There is a lot of piecing in each block.  

 






I'm just about at the stage now where my brain is ready to deal with "real" sewing and I hope to get some of the planned baby quilts finished in the next few weeks.  




1 comment:

  1. Be interested to see what you end up making with your 1 inch blocks...... It could end a large quilt.......

    ReplyDelete

Autumn is sewing weather

  We're off to the USA to visit our son very soon and I've made him a quilt - of course.  How else can I show my love?!  💓💓💓   La...