Another slow week

I did have one finish last week - a Humpty stuffed toy.  Australian readers may remember that Humpty is a character in the ABC children's program "Playschool".  This is about the 10th Humpty I've made over the years, the first one was for my own children in about 1993 or 94.  There is one I made in the children's area of the local public library, from when I worked there in the late 90s-early noughties.  This Humpty caused me all sorts of bother, when I mucked up the placement of the legs and arms (twice!) and ended up wasting four or five hours of sewing having to re-do him.  But he is now finished, and ready to go to his new home.


I've been continuing with two other projects, the hand quilting of my bright quilt, and piecing the top of an I Spy quilt. During my cutting of the 6 1/2"blocks for this quilt, I've also been cutting 2 1/2"strips from the fabrics and putting them in my box of strips.  The idea is that I will be able to complete one or more quilts from this box of strips one day.  (This, of course, is in addition to the jelly rolls I've purchased over the years!)

Also (sort of) completed last week was the reorganisation of my sewing room - nothing major, just a general tidy up and moving of some boxes from one place to another.  The word 'deckchairs' came to mind!  😃


Humpty doll:  30cm high.  Machine and hand sewn, from stash fabric, felt, ribbon and wool hair.  Even the stuffing was made from odd bits of batting and wadding, cut up into small bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Autumn is sewing weather

  We're off to the USA to visit our son very soon and I've made him a quilt - of course.  How else can I show my love?!  💓💓💓   La...