What have I got to show for September 2024?

Not a lot, really.

Our Days for Girls group had a quilt donated, and I added the binding from my stash, so that, and a couple of DfG baby quilt backings, is the only fabric that has left my sewing room.  And I haven't bought any fabric this month, so my fabric tally hasn't changed much.  

I have had some sewing time for myself though, and am working my way through a bunch of 8 1/2" I Spy blocks for a couple of quilts for kids.  6 1/2" fabric squares bordered with 1 1/2" strips.  Not sure how many I've made so far, at least 50 I think.  Depending on the quilt layout, I would need at least thirty blocks for a quilt, and probably 40 or so to make it a decent size.

Love the owl and pussycat block. One of my favourite poems. 

Next week, I'm off to Uzbekistan on a textile tour so I may well come back with more fabric!  I love ikat fabrics.  So this year's fabric tally could look pretty bad.  (Do I care?  Not really.  😃)


September 2024 fabric tally

Finishes in the month:   binding on donation quilt = 40cm; donated baby quilt backings = 0.85m

Purchases in the month:     zip

Fabric used:  - 1.25 m         Fabric acquired:  + 0  m

Running tally:  + 38 m

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have I got to show for September 2024?

Not a lot, really. Our Days for Girls group had a quilt donated, and I added the binding from my stash, so that, and a couple of DfG baby qu...